Hammers Lacrosse is the premiere lacrosse club for player development in the D.M.V. We provide high-level, year-round training opportunities in the form of camps, clinics, showcases, events and travel teams for boys of all ages and skill levels.
Our coaching staff features hand-picked and background checked paid professionals who are all passionate about the sport, teaching the game the right way and positively impacting the lives of our athletes. They are all experienced, well-trained, knowledgeable and possess the unique skill to teach the sport in a way all athletes can understand and apply.
OUR MISSION IS To use the sport of lacrosse to prepare our athletes to be successful on the field, in the classroom and, most importantly, in life.
Hammers Lacrosse is owned and managed by Reyes Sports Enterprises which is a professional sports management company that helps club teams and event organizers across the country deliver a premier experience.
In 2014, Ricky Reyes founded the Evergreen Lacrosse Club (ELC), a lacrosse training company focused on developing the skills of local athletes, while still a senior in college at Christopher Newport University.
For the first 6 months, ELC focused solely on skills clinics that helped develop hundreds of athletes and prep them for their spring and summer seasons. The overwhelming success of these trainings were due to the high level instruction provided by phenomenal coaches from the area and eventually led to a gigantic interest from families to launch a travel team side of the club. That following Summer, ELC launched their first three travel teams: HS, U15 and U13.
In the Fall of 2019, the Evergreen Lacrosse Club and their eight teams rebranded to Hammers Lacrosse and continued their organic growth and high level, year-round training throughout the DMV.
Fast Forward to 2022 - Hammers Lacrosse now features regional select teams and training opportunities in Loudoun, Prince William and the Shenandoah Valley while also fielding Elite travel teams across the DMV and beyond.
How We Accomplish Our Mission of Using the Sport of Lacrosse to Prepare Our Athletes to Be Successful on the Field, In the Classroom and in Life:
- We bring together the area's top coaches who are made up of current/former college coaches, current/former high school coaches as well as current/former college players to lead, develop and mentor our student-athletes. All of our coaches are background checked, paid (no volunteers) and are constantly developed throughout the year.
- We utilize a hybrid style of training that incorporates college-style drills and pace that focuses on stick development, positional development and IQ development.
- We train multiple times a week, all year-round at top-notch facilities from team practices, academy training and virtual development (film, whiteboard, etc)
- We push our athletes to be the best that they can be and do what we can to set them up for success down the road. Our high school staff and directors have helped over 100 student-athletes since 2017 find the perfect college fit and compete at the next level while our youth staff has helped prepare athletes to be impact players at the high school level.
- We place a heavy emphasis on academics and being successful in the classroom both as a student and as an individual.
- We hold virtual development sessions via zoom where we discuss the importance of academics and the good/bad that comes with it as well as other important culture-related topics.
- We hold "Prep" calls at pivotal times in athlete's lives to give real life advice and examples of how to be successful at the next stage (Elementary to Middle School, Middle School to High School, High School to College and College to Real World)
- We push our athletes to develop their IQ through Film Analysis sessions and Whiteboard sessions led by our Directors
- Developing our student-athletes doesn't stop when they graduate high school - we are with them for life.
- Before heading to college, we have a real world discussion with them about some of the obstacles they may face, how to make smart decisions and surrounding themselves with those who share the same goals and visions as themselves.
- During college, we are a constant resource and outlet for alumni who need advice on lacrosse, school, relationships, mental health, etc.
- We developed the Hammers Alumni Network which connects our alumni with our Hammers Parents who helps open doors through internship opportunities, networking events and career advice.
- Upon graduation from college, we set up individual meetings with our alumni to educate them on Financial Literacy and ways they can continue to prepare for their futures before cashing their first paychecks in the real world.
- Our goal is to ensure our alumni are receiving all the resources needed to prepare for their futures.