Hammers Lacrosse, founded in October of 2014 by Ricky Reyes and Chris Bourassa, was created with one simple goal in mind:
To use the sport of lacrosse to prepare our athletes to be successful on the field, in the classroom and, most importantly, in life.
How We Accomplish This:
- We bring together the area's top coaches who are made up of current/former college coaches, current/former high school coaches as well as current/former college players to lead, develop and mentor our student-athletes. All of our coaches are background checked, paid (no volunteers) and are constantly developed throughout the year.
- We utilize a hybrid style of training that incorporates college-style drills and pace that focuses on stick development, positional development and IQ development.
- We train multiple times a week, all year-round at top-notch facilities from team practices, academy training and virtual development (film, whiteboard, etc)
- We push our athletes to be the best that they can be and do what we can to set them up for success down the road. Our high school staff and directors have helped over 90 student-athletes find the perfect college fit and compete at the next level while our youth staff has helped prepare athletes to be impact players at the high school level.
- We place a heavy emphasis on academics and being successful in the classroom both as a student and as an individual.
- We hold virtual development sessions via zoom where we discuss the importance of academics and the good/bad that comes with it as well as other important culture-related topics.
- We hold "Prep" calls at pivotal times in athlete's lives to give real life advice and examples of how to be successful at the next stage (Elementary to Middle School, Middle School to High School, High School to College and College to Real World)
- We push our athletes to develop their IQ through Film Analysis sessions and Whiteboard sessions led by our Directors
- Developing our student-athletes doesn't stop when they graduate high school - we are with them for life.
- Before heading to college, we have a real world discussion with them about some of the obstacles they may face, how to make smart decisions and surrounding themselves with those who share the same goals and visions as themselves.
- During college, we are a constant resource and outlet for alumni who need advice on lacrosse, school, relationships, mental health, etc.
- We developed the Hammers Alumni Network which connects our alumni with our Hammers Parents who helps open doors through internship opportunities, networking events and career advice.
- Upon graduation from college, we set up individual meetings with our alumni to educate them on Financial Literacy and ways they can continue to prepare for their futures before cashing their first paychecks in the real world.
- Our goal is to ensure our alumni are receiving all the resources needed to prepare for their futures.
Partnerships in the Works:
- One Love Foundation - Education on Domestic Violence and Healthy Relationships
- Lacrosse the Nations - Service Opportunities for Athletes to Travel and Grow the Game in Other Countries
- World Financial Group - Provide Financial Education to Graduating Alumni